25 May 2017
Cape Union Mart invites local film-makers and outdoorsmen to contribute to the Cape Union Mart Adventure Film Challenge 2017.
The purpose of the Cape Union Mart Adventure Film Challenge is to celebrate the athletes, personalities and initiatives that form part of the South African outdoor community.
Cape Union Mart invites local film-makers to submit a five minute short film on South African outdoor culture. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges from the outdoor community. The winning submission will be screened in South Africa in connection with the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour 2017, and the winning film-maker will receive a R10 000 cash prize and K-Way gear to the value of R5000.
Terms and Conditions.
Please note the following terms and conditions:
- Submissions must be no longer than 300 seconds, including titles and credits.
- Submissions longer than 300 seconds will be disregarded.
- The online upload submission to YouTube can be in either high or standard definition, but must be no smaller than 360p (640 x 360).
- Submissions should be filmed in such a way so that, if needed, they can be shown on "the big screen".
- In submitting a short film, the applicant acknowledges that the film is his /her own creation, and that he/she has the rights to distribute it.
- In submitting a short film, the applicant acknowledges that all characters within the short film have given their permission to appear within the submission.
- In submitting a short film, the applicant attests that he/she has the rights to all the music used in the film.
- In submitting a short film, the applicant gives Cape Union Mart permission to screen the short film in association with the South African leg of the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour 2017.The applicant remains the owner of the submission. Cape Union Mart will not sell or distribute the submission, and the film-maker will be named whenever the submission is screened.
- Films should be suitable for all screens, and preferably shot at HDTV resolution (1920 x 1080) at either 25 or 50 fps. Footage can be animated, filmed live, stop frame or mixed format.
- The winning film-maker will be contacted in person by a representative of Cape Union Mart.
- The winning film-maker must make the best quality version of their submission available to Cape Union Mart.
- The prize money will be deposited into the winning film-maker's bank account.
- Entries close 30 June 2017